The Chronicles of Taron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you currently reading?

+8
Chata
Agent Smith
DaAlCh
Axel3419
So_this_is_how_it_ends?
JoshDaniels
EmbryH
Benjamin A. Fleming
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What are you currently reading? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?

Post  JoshDaniels Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:08 am

Belgarion wrote:Currently reading a couple of series at once:

The Foundation Series - Isaac Asimov
His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman (book report)
Discworld Series - Terry Pratchet

Also will be attempting to read the Wheel of Time series again (read "Never gotten past book 4") in a couple of weeks.

Foundation is thought provoking, Dark Materials is enthralling, Discworld is hilarious, and Wheel of Time is rocket science. (well, the plot is just as hard to follow as rocket science)
But dark Materials is against god
JoshDaniels
JoshDaniels
newb
newb

Location : Down, down in the depths of evil where monkeys rule and Naruto continues to say his catch phrase

Back to top Go down

What are you currently reading? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?

Post  Benjamin A. Fleming Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:37 am

Its fiction. Just because the dude is athiest doesn't mean squat. I'm sure Garion is bright enough to realize that.
Benjamin A. Fleming
Benjamin A. Fleming
Admin

https://chroniclesoftaron.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JoshDaniels Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:29 pm

Benjamin A. Fleming wrote:Its fiction. Just because the dude is athiest doesn't mean squat. I'm sure Garion is bright enough to realize that.
I actually did not give a crap that he was an atheist.
JoshDaniels
JoshDaniels
newb
newb

Location : Down, down in the depths of evil where monkeys rule and Naruto continues to say his catch phrase

Back to top Go down

Post  Belgarion Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:01 pm

Dark Materials is one of the most enthralling series that I've ever read.

I completely believe in God and all that that belief entails, and this series does challenge that. However, the story is just too good for me to not read just because it conflicts with my beliefs of God. Just like I disagree with quite a few other things, yet have to read them, this I disagree with but love to read.

Little scene during the reading:

"I love this book!" Turn the page "Wow, I hate what he just said." Two seconds later "I love this book!"

It's just amazing!

Belgarion
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Smith Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:59 pm

Personally, no book, whether it be from an Atheist or a Mormon can NEVER change my belief that God exists and it a supreme power.

Agent Smith
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjamin A. Fleming Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:51 am

I personally didn't enjoy it, but I find it irritating how so many people, not you, of course, Garion, take this book and proclaim it to be evil and blah blah blah.

Its a book, and if people let a book change their minds about whether God exists or not, you are a wishy washy person anyway.
Benjamin A. Fleming
Benjamin A. Fleming
Admin

https://chroniclesoftaron.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Special Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:28 pm

I am very angry about the protests about these books. They are fantastic!!!! Yes it does challenge Christianity but thats just way he wrote it I do not like some of it but the stories are fantastic.
Special
Special
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum