The Chronicles of Taron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you currently reading?

+8
Chata
Agent Smith
DaAlCh
Axel3419
So_this_is_how_it_ends?
JoshDaniels
EmbryH
Benjamin A. Fleming
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What are you currently reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?

Post  JoshDaniels Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:22 pm

Magmedite wrote:Sixteen books? Jesus, man. I don't really think having such a long series is a good idea... It'll take a good chunk out of your life to write. It'll take at least a year for each book, if not more. Sixteen years is a long time to dedicate to one story.
Well it is split into 3 series the first is ten books the second is based around Ryan and the third is based around a war
JoshDaniels
JoshDaniels
newb
newb

Location : Down, down in the depths of evil where monkeys rule and Naruto continues to say his catch phrase

Back to top Go down

What are you currently reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you currently reading?

Post  Magmedite Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:33 pm

Benjamin A. Fleming wrote:K.A. Applegate wrote 50+ Animorphs books lol

And I think that was absurd. So many books are impossible to read in order. I tried in middle school but our library was missing most of the books, so all I got was a fragmented story with no ending. And I heard the ending sucked too. Plus, you know how much money it'd take to buy every book in the series? A lot. And for a kid, it probably isn't worth it. The Wheel of Time is a great series and it's got twelve books and I broke my bank to get them all hardcover with the exception of the last one, which hasn't come out yet. But WoT is so worth it.
Magmedite
Magmedite
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjamin A. Fleming Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:43 pm

The ending did indeed suck. But the story overall was very good, I thought.

And I can't stand WoT. I may be a detail whore, but there was just too much detail for me to keep up with. I got bored fast.
Benjamin A. Fleming
Benjamin A. Fleming
Admin

https://chroniclesoftaron.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Magmedite Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:55 pm

The blasphemy! I loved the detail, though I admit when I first read it, I was a young teenager and found it sometimes tedious. Then I reread it and thought it was brilliant.
Magmedite
Magmedite
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjamin A. Fleming Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:35 am

See, the problem is, a book has to snag my attention from the get go, and WoT just didn't do that for me.
Benjamin A. Fleming
Benjamin A. Fleming
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magmedite Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:57 pm

Well I thought WoT did that very well. But from my experience WoT is one of those either you love it or you hate it kind of books.
Magmedite
Magmedite
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  DaAlCh Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:54 pm

I've just started "A Storm of Swords" by George R. R. Martin. I'm only 60 pages into it (Out of 1150) and already it's on a roll.
DaAlCh
DaAlCh
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjamin A. Fleming Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:44 am

The Dead Zone by Stephen King.

Brilliant book, imo.

Gonna get Duma Key here in a couple days, so w00t for that! Very Happy
Benjamin A. Fleming
Benjamin A. Fleming
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoshDaniels Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:16 am

Okay I am reading the Gatekeeper series right now I think it is great for a horror series
JoshDaniels
JoshDaniels
newb
newb

Location : Down, down in the depths of evil where monkeys rule and Naruto continues to say his catch phrase

Back to top Go down

Post  Special Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:19 pm

ok question should be what am I currently NOT reading.*looks in bag to see what I'm reading* In my bag I have a copy of Guide to Halla, "Pendrangon" 2: Cloral[ I have this book with me always lol] I have The 6th Alex Rider in my bag and the book "People of the Sparks". I also have several research books on the curent subject I'm writing a short story on in this case Colorado Gold Rushes its pretty simple there have not been many. Finally my favorite book in the world that is so tattered and torn it doesn't even have its front cover anymore
[I think my dog ate it three years ago though I don't remeber] "Where The Red Fern Grows"
Special
Special
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Smith Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:12 am

Wuthering Heights...The worlds biggest piece of crap. The writer literally takes ten pages to describe a row of hedges.

Agent Smith
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjamin A. Fleming Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:31 am

I just finished Duma Key, so now, I'm waiting on my dad to finish my copy of Salem's Lot so I can read it.
Benjamin A. Fleming
Benjamin A. Fleming
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoshDaniels Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:50 am

Lol currently I am reading nothing while I wait for the next two books in the series I am reading to come. Number 7 of Alex Rider and number 3 of GateKeepers
JoshDaniels
JoshDaniels
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Special Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:44 pm

lol like goodness I love Wuthering Heights you havn't even gotten anywhere good if she is still describing a hedge lol
Special
Special
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Special Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:46 pm

I'm reading Chronicles of Taron: One Hero! lol sunny
Special
Special
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  JoshDaniels Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:05 pm

Special wrote:I'm reading Chronicles of Taron: One Hero! lol sunny
Aw that sux for me I have nothing to read. Anyone got a good idea for a book I can read that is sci fi and Action while I wait for my next books to come into the library
JoshDaniels
JoshDaniels
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Smith Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:41 pm

Special wrote:lol like goodness I love Wuthering Heights you havn't even gotten anywhere good if she is still describing a hedge lol

It's so freaking boring. We've had 4 tests and I took zeros on them all because it doesn't hold my attention. We star Julius Ceaser next week, so I look forward to that.

Agent Smith
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Special Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:57 pm

oh school book that sucks Julius Ceaser is good though enjoy it! try Orson Scott Card's: Ender's Game and if you have read it try Ender's Shadow its good too!
Special
Special
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Smith Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:07 pm

On top of all that, we have a poetry projet due in 12 hours I have yet to start (worth 300 damn points).We have 11 more chapters to read by Thursday, and I have a Spanish project due friday.

Agent Smith
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Special Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:00 pm

whoa thats insanity! x.x
Special
Special
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  JoshDaniels Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:02 pm

Yeah but still anyone got a book that is short and contains Action adventure and sci fi?
JoshDaniels
JoshDaniels
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Smith Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:22 pm

Special wrote:whoa thats insanity! x.x

And today, she announced a 400 point project over Julius Caesar. ****ing ho.

Agent Smith
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  JoshDaniels Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:13 am

So anyone got a book? You know what screw it I am going to the library to look at books right now
JoshDaniels
JoshDaniels
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  JoshDaniels Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:16 pm

Nvm I have a book I was waiting for so yeah thanx for not helping me
JoshDaniels
JoshDaniels
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Belgarion Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:12 pm

Currently reading a couple of series at once:

The Foundation Series - Isaac Asimov
His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman (book report)
Discworld Series - Terry Pratchet

Also will be attempting to read the Wheel of Time series again (read "Never gotten past book 4") in a couple of weeks.

Foundation is thought provoking, Dark Materials is enthralling, Discworld is hilarious, and Wheel of Time is rocket science. (well, the plot is just as hard to follow as rocket science)

Belgarion
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum