The Chronicles of Taron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Bunch of Stuff from This Year, and Years Long Past

2 posters

Go down

A Bunch of Stuff from This Year, and Years Long Past Empty A Bunch of Stuff from This Year, and Years Long Past

Post  Agent Smith Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:20 pm

Sleeping with her Eyes Closed - Not Sure what Category it Fits Into - March 06, 2008

Sleeping with my eyes closed,
Don't know if I'll wake,
No visions in my head.

Only a flash
In the dead of night,
Don't know if I'll wake.

Don't know if I'll wake,
For goodness sake,
Don't know if I'll wake.

I think I can see God,
My mom is there too.

I'll be there soon,
I'll be there soon.

Only a flash
In the dead of night,
Don't know if I'll wake.

~Don't Know If I'll Wake~

Sleeping with her eyes closed,
Unmoving,
Undreaming,
Undying.

Flash in the night,
Scream of fright,
Gun on the floor.

Not a day goes by
Where I don't wish that I was there,
Flash in the night,
Sleeping with her eyes closed.

If I could've been there,
It would be I in that bed,
Undreaming,
Undying,
I and not her.

leaping with her eyes closed,
Unmoving,
Undreaming,
Undying.

Flash in the night,
Scream of fright,
Body on the floor,
Father at the door,
Holding the gun.

A note on her body,
To my dearest daughter,
Tell your mother I'm sorry
For taking her from this world,
Signed by her father in blood like ink.

Two bodies found,
Once sleeping with her eyes closed,
Two bodies found,
One dead on the floor.

Every day goes by,
And I wish I could've been there,
And taken the bullet ment for her,

Unmoving,
Undreaming,
Undying.

And then,
As I knelt by her side,
I heard her voice,
"Grandaddy...I saw God."

"He told me
Not to worry,
Mom is walking beside him,
Grandaddy...I saw God."

~I Saw God~

Her voice grew faint,
The light left her eyes,
The last hope gone,

Unmoving,
Undreaming,
Undying,
I'll be with you soon...

~I'll be With You Soon...~

A Short Adventure - Short Story - 1999

I was a small boy of twelve. I liked to run in the fields and eat wild strawberries in the spring. In the winter I had snowball fights with my three older siblings. But, I waited and waited, and on my twelfth winter, I ran outside to see the snow, but the snow did not arrive and blanket the world in pearlescent flakes. The clouds were gone, and the sun was out. The warm wind ruffled my hair and whipped my face pleasantly. Why was it warm?

The grass was as tall and green as ever, and little birds rocketed through the sky off to parts unknown. We had harvested our fruits, vegetables and what-not nearly three days prior. I noticed the grass parting a few feet away, and chased after it. I ran into my brother, Flint. I asked, "Where is the snow?"

He shrugged and replied, "Go ask Bill." Farther away, I noticed another parting in the grass, so I followed. There was Bill.

"Bill? Where is the snow?" I asked eagerly, anticipating a joyous answer. All he did was shake his head, and say, "Go ask Mark."

I went off to search for Mark, but he couldn't be found. --Hiding is you?-- I yelled out loud, but got no answer, only the chirping of birds. I looked around our small, one floor farm-house, but he wasn't there either.

I started to panic, wondering if anything happened to him. Then I thought about the river and rushed that way. Sure enough, there was Mark. He was sitting on a large, mossy rock in the middle of the water. I yelled over to him, "Where is the snow?" He lowered his head and sat on the stone in the river for two hours.

Finally, he pointed up and said, "There!" I looked up, and large black clouds blanketed the pale sky, sending a shiver down my spine. I rushed back to the house and put on some warmer cloths. When I finished and walked outside, the snow came up to my stomach. We had a grand snowball fight that day. Soon, Father would return, and we would have a nice cup of hot cocoa...

Dying Isn't so Hard...But Living is Impossible - Haven't Classified it - 2007

Inside I die a little,
Day by day,
Hour by hour,
Minute by minute.

Inside I die a little,
Every time I close my eyes,
The Picture begins to Fade
Minute by Minute.

Inside I die a little,
As I miss You,
A Tear slides down my face,
Tired with the pain of life.

I feel myself dying,
Drowning in the sea of life,
Wallowing in the pits of despair,
Day by day.

Hour by hour,
Minute by Minute,
Second by Second,
Inside I die a little.

Dying isn't so hard,
But living with the pain of it is impossible
As the image begins to Fade,
I feel like I am losing You, or you are losing Me.

The images Fade,
My minds Eye is wandering
Down the Path
Following Your voice.

I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle
Without any hope.
As I stand here,
I think of You.

Inside I die a little,
But dying isn't so hard.
If it were hard I would still be here now,
Waiting for You.

Dying isn't so hard,
But living with the pain of it is impossible
As the image begins to Fade,
I feel like I am losing You, or you are losing Me.

Inside I die a little,
Day by day,
Hour by hour,
Minute by minute.

Inside I die a little,
Every time I close my eyes,
The Picture begins to Fade
Minute by Minute.

But hey! Dying isn't so hard, but living is Impossible...

The Oracle's Tragedy - Story - Part I - 2008

A young man stood before a shadowy council of three. He had long brown hair and bright blue eyes. A black ring glinted on his finger, absorbing the light from around the room. He was slightly hunched over, and had the air of someone who had been mistreated in his past. Loose rags clung to his skinny body. He was shivering.

One of the shadowy three spoke up," You have done well to find us. Although we bear no physical form, we can still exist in the physical world. But, how is it you found us?" The voice was a woman--s, and it sounded quite young.

The young man looked up and stammered," This, this ring." He held up his finger and flashed the black ring. "It allows me to glimpse into the between and beyond." He lowered his hand, and waved it, opening a hole in the floor. He looked down upon the between and beyond version of the building. A spirit hovered exactly where he was standing in the physical world, and three shadowy figures represented the council.

Another of the shadowy figures began to speak," How did you come to own such a valuable piece of jewelry? I do not recall it ever existing." This time, it was a man--s voice. His voce was calm and unwavering, but slightly confused.

"As far as I know, this is the only ring in existence. I inherited it from my father, who got it from his father. I have no clue as to how the ring was forged, and my father, and his father, never knew what the ring did. It was I who found out its powers, I who discovered how to use them, and I who found you," the young man said. He stood up tall at this and sounded proud.

The final member of the three spoke, he sat in the middle," The abused son of the slave, who we foresaw long ago. We knew you--d be coming, but we didn--t know how soon." It was another male, but his voice was scarred and shaky, like he was nervous.

At this, the young man became confused," You--ve been expecting me?"

"Why yes, for you see, you are the one who will finish what was started ages ago," the woman said again.

"What do you mean? --Finished what was started ages ago?--" The young man asked.

"Before we reveal that, you must be tested. If you survive, you are indeed the one we foresaw, if he dies, we must wait for the one to arrive."

"Very well, what is the test?"

The three conversed with each other in low monotones until one said," If you are indeed the one we prophesized, you will be able to survive the Room of Fate. If you aren--t, you die, and move onto the between and beyond."

The man looked around, and then asked," What is the Room of Fate?"

The woman spoke again," The Room of Fate is where the beyond and between and the physical world meet. There you will face horrors you have never seen. Inside you will be tested by the world, of both spirits, and the very minds of the people in physical form. You cannot converse with them, and you cannot reach out to them in any way, a physical and mental limitation of the room. Now, step through the door, and witness fate...for real." A door opened behind the three, and the young man walked forward.

The woman spoke again," I know you will do fine, Bane."

The young man, Bane, looked back, and stammered," But, how do you know my name?" His answer was a rough push through the door. He squeezed his eyes shut, expecting some sharp pain, or bright light, but instead, he was shoved into pure darkness. Although, that was not entirely correct. The room wasn--t completely dark, but instead it was like looking through a thick veil of smoke. Bane tried to sniff the air, but there was no smell. Now confident, he opened his eyes, and gasped.

All around the room, dull, red orbs seemed to hang without support, casting an eerie light throughout the room. A voice rang out through the darkness, a new voice," We have been waiting! Your first test is a test of the mind and competency. There are ten red orbs around the room. You must change them all from red, to white. When you touch one, it, and two other random orbs will change colors. It is a memory trick. You must remember what each orb changes, or you will spend the rest of your natural life here, and then your spirit will join ours." The voice was distant, but was like it was coming from inside his own head, it was like listening to the wind.

Bane tried to take a breath to collect his thoughts, only to discover that there was no air. He sucked at the space, thinking the rest of his life would be about thirty seconds, waiting for the eternal darkness to fall before his eyes, but it didn--t, and he slowly relaxed. He looked around, and approached an orb to his left, and touched it. The red glow intensified, giving way to white. He glanced around and saw two other orbs change to white also. He walked over to another orb and touched it, instantly it turned white, and one red orb turned white, while the first orb turned red.

He hit another orb, and two more turned white, while the third turned red. He began to think. The mind and competency? Each orb will now turn at least one red, and two white, that was clear. He voiced his idea," The test is to discover that the initial instructions were false. Each orb affects another, and each orb is affected by two orbs, making it impossible to complete with the original task." His voice reverberated around the room, and then something appeared at his feet. It was a scroll. It read:

Very good, Bane. The first test is complete, and you have passed. Follow the path formed by the orbs.

Bane shrugged as each orb turned blazing white. They hovered to form a path leading off into the void. He walked apprehensively down the trail, and emerged into a faintly orange room. The voice returned," You have excelled thus far, but now we test not your mind, but your heart. Before you now is a homeless beggar." And indeed there was. She was clad in filthy rags, and tears streaked down her dirt covered face. "She has stolen food from a wealthy man and killed his son. But before you cast your judgment, think about this: If you say an eye for an eye, you condemn her to death, but think about her position. She was an outcast of society. The world has turned on her and she had to do whatever she could to ensure her survival and her two son--s survival. Now, what is your judgment?"

Bane stared at the girl and thought about her predicament and smiled the choice was obvious, death. No one is above the law, but, he couldn--t bring himself to say this. Another voice, this one deep down in the deepest recesses of his mind, intervened. He listened to the voice and nodded. It had a point. He spoke at last," It is not her fault she is this way. She should not suffer for having to rely on primal instincts; rather, it is the world that should suffer for pushing her away. However, the world cannot be punished, for it cannot look after everyone."

He closed his eyes, and opened them again. This time the woman was smiling, this time the tears were from joy. She stood, but she fell backwards. Her body disappeared, and in its place was a glowing ball of light. It spoke," You indeed have a good heart." It was the woman--s voice. "You have passed the test of heart, the final test. Now close your eyes one last time, and open them. You will be where you need to be."

He closed them, and opened them quickly. He was in a bright room, and the council of three sat in chairs around Bane. All three were clad in white hooded cloaks, but one had his hood down. His face was bloody and scarred, and his long gray hair was tied back into a ponytail. One eye was blind.

"Congratulations, you are indeed the chosen one. And now, the world can move forward at last," the man said. "You are staring at the Oracle--s of Life, Death, and Heart. I am the Oracle of Heart."

"I believe you have some explaining to do," Bane spat out.

"I believe we do owe you an explanation. You see, the world was frozen in the era of kings and gold. War loomed on the horizon for the longest time but it never came. But now, with the chosen one back in the world, that war will come, and the planet will continue its passage through time," the Oracle of Heart explained.

Bane stared and said," So, are you saying it is my task to stop this war from happening?"

"No, this war will happen no matter what you do. Your task is to lead the people of this world to salvation. They will resent you until you can show them how bad off they are, and that will be hard to do. This all started two hundred years ago with the creation of the first Oracle..."

Agent Smith
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

A Bunch of Stuff from This Year, and Years Long Past Empty Re: A Bunch of Stuff from This Year, and Years Long Past

Post  So_this_is_how_it_ends? Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:19 am

Didn't have time to read it all, but could you like do a bit of an index thingy?
So_this_is_how_it_ends?
So_this_is_how_it_ends?

Back to top Go down

A Bunch of Stuff from This Year, and Years Long Past Empty Re: A Bunch of Stuff from This Year, and Years Long Past

Post  Agent Smith Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:51 am

Huh? Index thingy?

Agent Smith
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum