The Chronicles of Taron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreamer....

3 posters

Go down

Dreamer.... Empty Dreamer....

Post  Axel3419 Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:15 pm

This story is more for me then anything else. I'm actually working on writing better, so I would appreciate it if you help me acheive my goal

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue:

Nothing lasts forever. I read, scratching the scalp of my head. My choppy brown strands of hair covered one of my eyes. A glare came from the window, and looking over, I saw the reflection of my other emerald green eye. It stared back at me with its fierce sharpness yet it looked as if it was at peace. Trying not to get distracted, I turned my head and stared down back at the sentence. Unmoving and without emotion, my eyes lingered on those three words, letting them sink in my mind. Lightly brushing the few strands away from my face with the edge of my index finger, I continued to read.

Explain whether you believe this inquiry is true or false. Plan and write an essay in which you develop your point of view on this issue. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your reading, studies, experience, or observations.

Most normal teenagers would have argued, complained and whined about it if their parents made them take the practice SAT for the second time in a row; especially if they were fourteen. Yet for some reason, I wasn’t a normal teenager.

Looking around the classroom, I could see most students hurriedly planning out or writing what they were going to say. Most of these kids were older than I, taking the real test. Many of whom were taller, had facial hair, and some of whom had such large biceps that their arms couldn’t fully rest them on the desks. I looked down at my scrawny arms and scowled at them. There almost-albino paleness gave them an almost boring feeling, and with little muscle, there was nothing I could praise my arms for.

As I looked around some more, I saw some kids biting their number-two pencils, one pencil in hand and another in their mouth. They looked disgusting, chewing on their pencils, with bite marks all over the utensils. I could hardly see it, yet I still saw spit coming down from the kid’s mouth who sat in front of me. Almost gagging, I turned away. Then, I watched some other students with their heads down, hastily scribbling their sorry excuse for an essay. These kids knew the time constraints, but instead of thinking of a reasonable essay, they wrote down whatever they thought.

Even one pretty-looking brunette girl stared out into space, looking oblivious to the world around her. Her smooth skin looked as if ‘angels’ had carved her perfect body. The perfect, ideal body with a sweet face. I could even smell the coconut hair wash she had used. I gazed at her beauty for a moment in awe, yet my eyes soon averted her direction. I had once heard ‘Wishing only ruins the heart’ In this case, I believed it. No matter how hard I tried though, I couldn’t stop wishing. I smiled at my own stupidity.

Looking back at the test takers, I noticed the room around us. A small, crowded room was filled with more than thirty desks and chairs. The walls were covered in old, unclean signs which said things like “Time passes. Will you?” and “This is a smiling environment!” Those signs disgusted me. With them peering over my every moment, it was almost harder to take any kind of exam. At the front was an ancient black chalk bored with erased chalk marks all over it. I could still see remains of dark-yellow chalk on the board. In the top-left corner I could see one word written. ‘Persistence’. Someone had tried to erase it, I could tell, yet it still stuck on there like a fly to a web.

At the floor, ripped up pieces of papers lay and specifically I saw a paper with letters on it. “C, B,C,D,D,A,A,C,E,E,B,C,C,B,A,C…” it read. They were answers to the test, I assumed. I wondered which student wrote those. I chuckled, looking at the different students. I couldn’t decide who the ‘cheater’ was, and as I always do, my mind got off track.

Most of the test-takers were very energetic and skittish at the time, worrying about the upcoming test-of-a-lifetime. I knew that by the end of this four-hour torture chamber, the ‘energetic’ kids would be feeling very different.

After observing the class as a whole, I looked up at the administrator. I was hoping for a nice, calm teacher to administrate the test like the teacher last year, yet this year I wasn’t so lucky. Standing up straight, watching the timer, Mr. Army-man’s serious expression meant business. His six-foot tall body and wide torso added to my inference. I wondered if he was actually once a marine of some sort, or whether he just worked out a lot. He looked as old as my father, yet Mr. Army-man was his complete and total opposite. As opposed to Mr. Army-man’s bitter and serious nature, my father was a kind-hearted man; at least to my mother he was. Physically, dad was just as opposite to the man. His frailness and short body helped with my observation.

“Ten minutes left!” the army-man shouted. His ill-tempered voice was heard throughout the room. The dog barked at all of us, and everyone looked up with wide eyes.

“Crap” I muttered. None of what I had been thinking about had anything to do with the essay. My brain ruined everything once again with its ADD-like style of thinking. Right now, I had to stop looking around the room and start focusing. I began to think of the essay, with my face scrunched up.

Suddenly, I became one of those poor kids that I had just been silently mocking. I began to scribble out my essay.

Nothing lasts forever, is a saying that may sound truthful for some, yet it actually has some exceptions. Although many things don’t last forever, there are others that continue on endlessly, no matter what happens. I wrote on the dry, perfectly white, clean-looking paper.

‘Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap’ I thought to myself, with wide eyed stare, looking at what I had just written. I had an okay beginning, yet I needed an example to prove my point. I hammered my brain, searching for something; anything. It soon hit me; there was one thing that lasted forever, at least for me anyways. This one thing could be described in one word; just one simple word. In truth, this one word described every part of me. I couldn’t live without it. It was my teddy bear; my blanky; my shooting star. I smiled at the cheesy thought.

No, the word wasn’t ‘memories’ or ‘love’ or ‘life’ or one of those typical, boring answers. To the contrary, it was unusual as I saw it. It was, different and unique. It had an abnormal flare to it. As I thought less and less about the SAT, and more and more about the word itself, I realized something: It was me.

“Dreams.” And so I began to write.
Axel3419
Axel3419
Constant Reader
Constant Reader

Back to top Go down

Dreamer.... Empty Re: Dreamer....

Post  Axel3419 Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:52 pm

Come on people.. READ READ READ!

Ben already read it jk. i just edited ben. read it again Smile
Axel3419
Axel3419
Constant Reader
Constant Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  So_this_is_how_it_ends? Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:23 pm

Odd, but, I'll take it, update Hidden! Also, you promised you would read/comment on Baahn! elephant
So_this_is_how_it_ends?
So_this_is_how_it_ends?

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel3419 Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:48 pm

how is it odd? you just dont know what the story is about yet Very Happy oh and i did read that i just never commented Smile ha because instead i was looking at the map.

oh. and ill update hidden right now.
Axel3419
Axel3419
Constant Reader
Constant Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  weirdiswhatilike Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:59 am

You had better update!!!

I really like it!!!

Do you know who I am there axel?
weirdiswhatilike
weirdiswhatilike
newb
newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel3419 Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:47 pm

hey Weird

ive been trying but i have SO much stuff.. like track and a speech i have to memorize and a billion tests... after March 7th im free as a bird though.
Axel3419
Axel3419
Constant Reader
Constant Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel3419 Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:20 pm

UPDATE
----------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

The light touch of wind blew my uneven strands of hair all over the place. Some threads were to the front; others to the back, and still others sticking straight up, and all of them were in a large tangle around my head. Patting my hair down, I could feel the intertwined, rough locks covered in grime and mud. Carelessly, I dropped my hand down to my shoulder, where the strands of hair reached their tips. Looking down at my right shoulder, I could see the mess of weeds I had for hair; the color of dirt. Disgusting.

Bringing my enormous, burly hands up to my nostrils, I cautiously took a sniff. Instantly, I realized I shouldn’t have breathed in the odor. The unbearable smell of a mixture between muck, filth and soot overcame my senses. I gagged, urging myself not to throw up. Swaying, side to side, my stomach ached with a bizarre throbbing, yet I didn’t actually feel ‘pain’ per say. After considering this dilemma, my heavy eyelids began to shut down over my eyes. I could see the top of my eyelids slowly coming down; the sweaty black lashes reaching down to touch the bottom of my eyes. The last thing I saw before completely losing my eyesight was strange; I was on a ship, and around me was nothing but water. My eyes were finally closed and I lost all awareness of my surroundings.

Without realizing it, I began to fall. In slow motion I hit the ground, not feeling a thing. My right shoulder took it hard, yet there was no pain. I knew I had fallen and I could feel myself on the ground, yet there was no soreness. No hurt, no harm, no wound. Needless to say, my eye’s opened wide. Down on the deck, I could feel the unsteady movement of the boat even more than before. All the sickness I had before was now gone, and I was strong enough to sit up. Without thinking of it, I slowly sat up onto the warm deck. As I looked down at myself, I saw that I was wearing a sleek velvet black vest on top of a baggy white shirt which covered my arms. Two leather arm bracelets covered my forearms, and large belt sucked in my stomach. Farther down, stained, baggy beige pants covered most of my legs, and two large boots finished off my ‘look’.

‘Interesting’ I thought to myself. I started feeling the filthiness of my outfit, and then the uncomfortable-ness of the boots. If I had tried to stand on them again, my feet would surly ache, yet I didn’t dare take the boots off. Who knew what horrid smell would come from my uncovered feet.

Wiping off the dirt from my ripped shirt, I saw something shiny in a pocket on my belt. I grabbed the dark handle, and pulled up. A long silver cutlass came out of the pocket. Although it was stained with blood and looked as if it had been through a battle or two, this thing would definitely do damage if needed. At the time, none of this seemed out of the ordinary. For some reason it felt right; almost peaceful.

I looked up at the ship. It was a traditional pirate ship to the extent of my knowledge. Three large, vertical poles stuck out of the boat, one of which had a large telescope basket in it. These wooden poles looked sturdy enough and I thought about climbing up one of them if I had enough time. Looking at the deck, I could see it was made out of wood; not too fancy or visually exciting. It was just wood. I looked further up when I saw the front of this ship; a large wooden steering wheel was near the tip, yet no one stood by it. Surprisingly we were casually sifting through the ocean without the help of anyone; just the wind. The waters were a sparkling turquoise; small 3-foot waves reaching up and down the sides of the ship. The beautiful sun beat down on them as well, and I could see beautifully colored birds flying around in the distance. Peacefully they flew, side to side; side to side. A perfect blue sky calmed me down as I slowly laid back down on the nice, hot ground.

Slowly, I closed my eyes again, listening to the whoosh of waves, and the songs of the birds. ‘Peaceful’ is the only word to describe it. Total and utter peace filled my body. The essence of the ship, my warm body and the world around the floating transport made life perfect. I smiled, knowing that I could have this whenever. Whenever I wanted, I could escape my problems and come here again. Here, being wherever I imagined. Whatever I wanted came from my brain. I smiled again, thinking about the possibilities. Right now, life was perfect.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. My ears heard this unusual sound but didn’t comprehend it. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. The sound continued. I wondered what was going on. My eyes were about to open to find out, when the sound occurred again. BEEP. BEEP.BEEP. BEEP. I finally opened my eyes, and saw the dark outline of my covers. I was lying in my bed. I had been asleep.
Axel3419
Axel3419
Constant Reader
Constant Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum